You have reached the Pennsylvania Highlands Community College Student Handbook. The Student Handbook is fully online and contains the most current information available about our academic offerings. Pennsylvania Highlands Community College provides its students with affordable opportunities to gain the knowledge and skills they need to be successful in their work, in their day-to-day lives, and in their pursuit of life-long learning.
Students Rights and Responsibilities
By becoming members of the Pennsylvania Highlands Community College community, students assume the responsibility to observe and help maintain standards of personal behavior that make a positive contribution to the College community. As a Pennsylvania Highlands student, you are expected to:
- Respect the College's commitment to academic integrity and uphold the values of honesty and responsibility that preserve our community;
- Behave in a manner that is temperate, civil, and respectful of the rights of others;
- Behave in a manner that recognizes and respects individual differences, supporting an appreciation for diversity as well as inclusiveness;
- Do no harm and help to maintain the safety and welfare of the campus community by reporting unusual or dangerous behavior;
- Recognize that you are a part of the Pennsylvania Highlands community, and demonstrate civic and social engagement and responsibility;
- Accept personal responsibility for your learning, behavior, and future success
Transportation to and from Pennsylvania Highlands sites may be obtained through the Cambria County Transit Authority. Discounted bus passes may be purchased by full-time students at the Student Accounts Office or by presenting a Pennsylvania Highlands Student ID card at the Bus Stop Shop at the downtown Johnstown Transit Center. Additional information regarding bus service and schedules may be obtained by contacting the Cambria County Transit Authority at 1-877-535-2BUS.
Security and Safety Services
Student Code of Conduct
Academic Integrity Policy
Student Grievance Process
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
Information Technology Policies
Non-Discrimination, Harassment, & Retaliation on the Basis of Sex Policy
Student Right-To-Know Act
Photo and Video Disclaimer
Pennsylvania Highlands Community College retains the right to photograph and/or video-record students, faculty, staff, and guests while on College property or during College-sponsored functions. The images, video, and audio obtained may be used by Pennsylvania Highlands for promotional purposes, including use in any media advertising, College publication, press release, College-affiliated website or social media channel, and all other appropriate materials. Anyone wishing not to participate is advised to either inform the photographer/videographer or the Marketing & Communications Department to remove him or herself from the area in question. Contact the College’s Marketing & Communications Department at 814.262.3816 or email@example.com for further information.