Access to the Internet from Pennsylvania Highlands Community College is a privilege, not a right, and abusers may lose access to College computers. All College Internet users must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Students and employees may access the Internet from designated areas on campus during open lab hours. Class activities take priority over open lab time.
- Access to the Internet should be used for purposes relative to classroom and work assignments and not for recreational purposes. Unless directly related to a specific class assignment or College activity, the use of chat rooms is specifically prohibited.
- Access to the Internet may not be used for unethical, illegal, or criminal activities.
- Access time may be limited due to the number of people online and equipment availability.
- Downloading files from the Internet to the hard drives of lab PCs or to network storage devices is prohibited unless authorized by a member of the information technology (IT) staff or by an Instructor for the completion of a class assignment.