Security is one of the most desired skills in Information Technology. The Information Security and Analysis Certificate will prepare you to be able to secure computers and networks from all types of threats including malware, viruses, protocol attacks, and more. You will also learn how to analyze your environment for problems associated with threats, bandwidth issues, and issues that can occur at each of the layers of the OSI Model. The one semester certificate will include three core courses, with each course preparing you for 3rd party certification to make your knowledge even more valuable.
- Junior Network Security Engineer
- Network Analysis
- Ethical Hacker
Upon completion of the program, the student will be able to:
- Be prepared to protect a computer or network environment from physical, internal, and cyber attacks.
- Be able to perform comprehensive security audits and penetration tests.
- Analyze and troubleshoot network issues related to security and more.
- Create and implement a comprehensive security policy.
- Be prepared to take the following 3rd party vendor certification exams: Cisco CCNA Security Certification, Wireshark Certified Network Analyst, and EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker Exam 312-5.
Obtaining the Certificate
To earn the Certificate, the student must:
- Matriculate into the program.
- Satisfactorily complete all certificate requirements.