Students who choose not to seek a degree, diploma, or certificate are considered to be non-degree seeking. Examples of prospective students in this category are those attending the College for personal enrichment and visiting students completing credits for transfer to their home institution.
- Prospective, non-degree seeking students are required to complete a College Application and indicate that they are Non-degree seeking. There is no application fee and the application available online via the College's website (https://www.pennhighlands.edu/admissions/apply/).
- Non-degree seeking students are not required to submit transcripts unless necessary to meet a course pre-requisite.
- Non-degree seeking students are required to complete placement testing only when planning to enroll in English or mathematics courses or for courses that require English and mathematics prerequisites. This requirement may be waived for students who meet placement testing waiver guidelines found in the Student Success Center section of this catalog and online (https://www.pennhighlands.edu/student-life/student-success-center/placement-testing/).
- Upon submission of the application and completion of placement testing if necessary, non-degree seeking students are eligible to register for classes.
- Non-degree seeking students are permitted to register only for a part-time credit load and are not eligible to receive financial aid.