To be awarded an Associate Degree from Pennsylvania Highlands, students shall complete a minimum of 50% of the required credit hours at the College.
The following types of successfully earned credits shall constitute the student Minimal Credit requirement:
- Credits earned from Pennsylvania Highlands courses taught on or off-campus, including Dual Enrollment.
- Pennsylvania Highlands distance learning courses originating from or received at the College.
Although Pennsylvania Highlands Community College evaluates prior learning and will apply credits as appropriate to a degree, diploma, or certificate program, the following types of credits do not contribute to a student's minimal credit requirement:
- Credits transferred from another institution.
- Credit awarded for successful completion of a course examination (credit by exam).
- Credit awarded through the College Level Examination Program (CLEP).
- Credit awarded for Advance Placement Examinations.
- Credit awarded for Military Training.
- Credit awarded by an area Career and Technology Center.
- Credit awarded for Life Experience.