Meeting graduation requirements is ultimately the responsibility of the student. Students are encouraged to work with their academic advisors in selecting courses to meet their educational objectives. Students must apply for graduation before the specified deadline for the semester. Application due dates are announced throughout the year and are communicated through the Registrar's Office.
Applications are available at all College sites as well as on the College's website and portal. Commencement ceremonies are the culmination of the student's program of study. Each spring Pennsylvania Highlands Community College conducts a graduation ceremony at which time faculty, staff, family, and friends come together to recognize the academic achievements of the year's graduates. All eligible degree, diploma, and certificate candidates are encouraged to participate in commencement activities.
In order to be eligible to graduate, all students must have:
- Satisfied all requirements for the course of study.
- Taken at least 50% of the program credits at Pennsylvania Highlands.
- Achieved a grade point average of 2.0 or better as required by program of study.
- Fulfilled all of their financial obligations to Pennsylvania Highlands.
- Filed an Application for Graduation.