Transfer Services

Students interested in pursuing a bachelor's degree at a 4-year college or university, after completing a degree at Pennsylvania Highlands, should contact the Student Success Center during their first semester to talk with a transfer counselor. Liberal arts courses and majors leading to the A.S. and A.A. degrees are specifically designed to provide the appropriate framework for students planning to go on to obtain a bachelor's degree. The transfer counselor will help students outline a sequence of courses toward the associate degree that will transfer to the 4-year institution and assist the student with learning the procedures involved in transfer.

Transfer institutions have varied policies on accepting courses and credits for transfer; therefore, students should establish contact with the 4-year institution early in order to ensure they are following the appropriate course sequences at Pennsylvania Highlands. For more information on transferring, go to Transfer Opportunities.

Articulation Agreements

Pennsylvania Highlands has established transfer agreements with other institutions that enable students to transfer their earned Associate Degree seamlessly into a Bachelor's Degree program. Most agreements allow for a program-to-program transfer (i.e. Business Administration to Business Administration) while others allow for more general degree transfer. There are 3+1 programs that allow a student to finish their Associate Degree and continue to take courses at Penn Highlands while simultaneously taking courses at the 4-year institution. A complete listing of the transfer agreements that Penn Highlands has created with other intuitions can be found by browsing Articulation Agreements.