PA Director Credential
The PA Director Credential Certificate coursework is designed for current and future directors and owners of Early Childhood and Education programs. Topics include leadership; program quality; organization and administration; business management; and curriculum and pedagogy. All courses use an inclusive educational model. This certificate meets the academic requirements for the Pennsylvania Early Learning Keys to Quality Director Core Certificate.
This program is designed as an Asynchronous course. The student can register up to 1 (one) month before the end of the semester. Once the student has successfully completed their courses, they are able to obtain their Certificate.
Upon completion of the PA Director Coursework, each student will be responsible for submitting an application for the PA Director Credential directly to the Pennsylvania Keys to Quality program with the Office of Child Development and Early Learning (OCDEL). The credential is awarded by the PA Key, not Pennsylvania Highlands Community College. For more information go to http://www.pakeys.org.
Upon completion of the program, the student will be able to:
- Identify, design, and implement ongoing assessments of child's progress.
- Utilize qualitative and quantitative evaluation to assess the effectiveness of desired outcomes.
- Establish and maintain community relationships and utilize resources by participating in collaborative programs that advance awareness of professional child care and early childhood education. Demonstrate the incorporation of information into management duties.
- Provide a safe and healthy physical environment through application of the federal, state, and local regulations.
- Apply best practice standards and accreditation as indicated through the development of policy, procedure, and practice which are inclusive of all special needs children.
- Implement strong program management policies that result in high quality services.
- Utilize leadership concepts, best business practices, and adhere to the laws and regulations of the federal, state, and local government.
Obtaining the Certificate
To earn the certificate, the student must:
- Matriculate into the program.
- Satisfactorily complete all certificate requirements.